-That looks like a woman's gun.
Do you know a lot about guns, Mr. Bond?
- No, but I know a little about women.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Lovin' Survivor


Sooo....welcome to my version of wordy nonsense aka blog! Cue: First post!

One of my recent kicks:
I'm not really a reality show person. I'm not really a TV person at all, it's weird. Truth, I've had too much studying going on and no one interesting to watch shows with (poor me), so I (middle of pic) wasn't following any shows. UNTIL! My sister Karen (left) introduced me to the new Survivor season (which is now last season). Those of you who watch it know exactly what I'm talking about: the debut of Russell - evil, conniving, bloody brilliant little troll that he is (and I'm sorry I'm enamored with a mainstream personality - but I can't help it, he is truly a mad-man genius and I find that intriguing - here's me shrugging my shoulders atcha). And now that I live with my other sister Leslie (right) and her awesome family I have fun watching TV again and have since compelled both her and her husband into Survivor viewership.
Anyway - so the appeal of last season. I found it hugely poignant. From my Christian perspective, I observed a parody of biblical principles being displayed in an ironically profound, pure and crystallized research-study-accidental-epiphanous-discovery-akin-to-the-discovery-of-penicillin kind of way. On national TV, being absorbed by millions of people yet unbeknownst to them, were the exact truths that the Bible talks about, specifically evil vs. holy. More on that later. AND THEN - THIS SEASON - what do the Survivor producers do??? A SHOW DEDICATED ENTIRELY TO PITTING THE HEROIC SURVIVORS VS THE VILLAINOUS SURVIVORS?? Are you kidding me? Is this really happening? Bloody brilliant.
Surprisingly though! After watching the shows this season, I fear it's a little like the scientist who in his quest to learn more about his discovery, has only resulted in meddling - i.e., inaccurate results that occur when we create test groups for the purpose of yielding more distilled truths and thus disturb the chemistry inherent to the magic. A little like Heisenberg's principle, no?
So, what the french toast am I talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment