-That looks like a woman's gun.
Do you know a lot about guns, Mr. Bond?
- No, but I know a little about women.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Behind the times...(a recurring post of the news I must have been hibernating to have missed)







Of a genius??...say it's not death...
Alexander McQueen was found dead, at the age of 40, by his housekeeper having committed suicide in his home on February 12, 2010, a week after his mother died from cancer. Her funeral was scheduled for the next day.

I don't want to go into the same lengthy and cliche expressions everyone else already has about his death. I will say I do consider it huge loss to me, however. He was my favorite of ALL the designers I've watched since I was 13. By his work you knew you could expect great longevity from him; it was sincere, thoughtful, and intense without dissipation. We knew we could have enjoyed years of his survival in the fashion world at least. He showed you controlled chaos. It was so well controlled that he could send out flairs and blooms of it at will at his shows to literally tease us with a glimpse of just how random, raging, and substantive his genius is. It was like watching the ranges of the world's joys and sorrows in a beautifully wrapped see-through present. He made it all make sense and desirable. He was just on a totally different level, truly a genius.



































No comments:

Post a Comment